Wednesday 9 February 2011

Qu'est-ce que c'est fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better



When it began.... The legendary David Byrne. He's like a praying mantas on cocaine. I've always been intrigued by his nerdy 80's persona meets cult leader meets someone who is infinitely smarter than you thus cooler 'ness'. Tina Weymoth is a longtime obsession of mine as well. She's definitely one of the most badass female bassist/musical style icons I have ever known, and yes, I feel like I know her.  I can't help but wonder if they knew just what they had created with the Talking Heads. I'll be fifty, barefoot, with a glass of red wine dancing around my kitchen to Naive Melody. Thank you Dave. Thank you Tina. You can burn down my house anytime.

http://www.musicofsound.co.nz/blog/i-love-tina-weymouth

No comments:

Post a Comment